Saturday, December 18, 2004

Another Ecstasy Death

Schoolboy Ben Hennessy died when his temperature rocketed to 108 Degrees and he suffered a massive fit after taking ecstasy. The 15-year-old was found shouting, sweating and lashing out in his grandparents' garden in St Albans, Herts, last July and died in hospital.

Just a week earlier, an anti-drugs film he had written and directed as part of a government initiative to warn kids of the dangers of drugs had been shown at his local cinema. An inquest earlier this year was told he and a pal had decided to try ecstasy tablets "for a laugh". Other pupils at Townsend Church of England School were devastated by his horrific death.

It's so sad. There are no "laughs" with Ecstasy. The story reminds me of Cathy's Story in my film. Cathy had quit all drugs for three years, then decided to take Ecstasy "one last time" for her Senior Prom. It was a fatal decision.

No comments: