Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Sister Cries Out

Carol has left a new comment on my earlier post "Meth Poem sent to me."

Hi Beth. This poem relates to all these drugs and or anyone with an addiction problem. These drugs use the victim and in most cases, turn an individual into a DESPERATE, unconscious, lying thief.

The only motive is to get high, and they will consume and destroy anyone and everything in the path of destruction
their desperation for the drug takes them.

All that once was, no longer is part of their conscious. I lost my sister to GHB sold over the counter, as a vitamin supplement; she had no idea what poison she was consuming until it was too late. It was a real sick, tragic story that haunts me every single day.

My youngest sister is now hooked on oxycontin. Although she is abusing the drug knowingly, she is NOT even close to the person I once knew.

These drugs destroy eagerly and once addicted, it's hell to be the one still standing in the same place, watching
helplessly as if it were cancer eating away her soul.... I know people who stole necklaces off their dying grandmother’s neck while pretending to give a last kiss. I know a girl who left her baby at the hospital and has no concern to see him but uses excuses (lies) that she is making effort to go see the baby just to
get out the door to get more pills. I know people who use the elderly knowing they are terminal just to befriend them until they pass away and steal all they had.


IT NEVER ENDS! THE EXTREME DESPAIR AND DESPERATE SICK LEVELS THESE DRUGS BRING ONCE WONDERFUL PEOPLE TOO A LEVEL SO LOW IT’S UNBEARABLE. I have been involved in fighting this drug parasite for a long time now and it’s like dominoes. I tried helping those I had any confrontation with all I have in me. I
USED money, time, love, compassion, and I pray, and I pray. It’s not a "good time" taking poison and believing it won’t hurt you or you won’t get addicted.

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN HANDLE IT AND IT WONT HAPPEN TO YOU, CHANCES ARE YOU ARE ALREADY TAKEN. THESE DRUGS WILL TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE AND YOU NO LONGER CAN EVEN RATIONALIZE RIGHT FROM WRONG AND ALL THAT YOU ONCE WERE, WILL BE
CONSUMED AND YOU NO LONGER ARE YOU...

Like me, I want to live my life with my morals, my conscious, and with a desire to maintain my human functions the best I can, as I watch my family decay helplessly I can only ask God to be with us all..

God bless everyone.
Thank you, Carol! Readers, you can see how beautiful Carol's sister was before GHB addiction took her away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

allison was beautiful inside and out. I miss her so much.

Anonymous said...

allison was beautiful inside and out...i miss her