Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Pop Star Pink Nearly A Ketamine Death

The London Daily News reports that popular recording star Pink almost had no career at all, since she nearly died at 15 from a "drug cocktail" containing Ketamine, Ecstasy and a host of other drugs. It was enough for her, she said; now she has "no interest whatsoever" in drugs.
THE pop singer Pink nearly died after overdosing on a cocktail of drugs including ketamine when she was 15.

The traumatic experience, i n which she also took crystal meth, angel dust, Ecstasy, cocaine and marijuana, shocked her into turning away from drugs.

Pink, 25, whose real name is Alecia Moore, ... said that she became surrounded by drugs such as ketamine when she joined the club scene in her home town of Philadelphia but ' wouldn ' t recommend it to anybody'.

She added: 'I came close to death so many times. I guess my parents are happy I didn't end up on a street corner somewhere or lying in the dirt.

'I got everything out of my system when I was 13, 14, 15, and now I have no interest whatsoever.'

No comments: