Monday, February 21, 2005

A Victim's Dad Sends Thanks

David Lorenz is one of my favorite people. I just wish I'd had a chance to meet his son, Steven. David tells Steven's story on my film True Stories of Ecstasy and Ketamine -- and he tells it so powerfully that I'm sure he's saved many lives.

Today, David sent me this email that really lifted my spirits:
My Dearest Beth ,

Just thought I'd tell you One thing ... all the gold in the world isn't anything compared to the love that we might save . The pain I and many others go through can be cauterized in time , But what you do for us is to STOP THE BLEEDING.

You give us a chance to SAVE others as if it were the ones we have lost. As we beg other kids to HEAR US, you are there holding or hands, catching our tears and spreading our words. We may not save them all , and one is just not good enough , BUT MANY WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO THINK IT OVER, MANY WILL LEARN THAT IT IS NOT WORTH IT!! And we have only you to thank for it !!!!!!

Yes we lost something very special, but found something along the way -- YOU!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Mr. Lorenz said...

Dear Beth , it was a shock to see my letter to you on the site ! No I am not mad at you ! It's the truth ...Also I see that your asking for donations to help the voice of the victims to Stay alive , As you help there kids to make the right choice ! As you know I am ready to give up this Battle of trying to help others . I still will Keep my Promise of doing one more SHOW , Then I will stop .
Why ?
No One really cares till it's there loved ones ! ( JUST LIKE ME ) DRUGS WERE MY SECRET WORLD !
THERE'S SO MUCH MONEY BEING MADE FROM ALL THE KIDS USING , AND YOU"LL NEVER KNOW IF IT'S YOURS !!! TRUST ME ( I KNOW ) AND THEY COULD CARE LESS IF THE KIDS DIE , JUST AS LONG AS THEY CAN SELL THEM A BOTTLE OF WATER ON THE WAY BEFORE THEY DYE .
EVERYONE SOULD BE HELPING YOU !
BUT NO ONE DOES , EVERY DAY IT GETS WORSE OUT THERE . AND MORE DIE EVERY DAY !
EVERY COUNTRY OUT THERE SELL'S US THERE DRUGS, FOR OUR KIDS ? AND IF YOUR WAITTING FOR THE NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY TO STOP THE FLOW OF DRUGS TO THE U.S.A ( THEN YOUR ON CRACK !! ) PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE ! SAVE SOMEONE'S KID , A FEW DOLLARS ARE WORTH IT ...MY SON DIED BUT OTHERS DON'T HAVE TOO ! TEACH THEM . EVERY GOOD AMERICAN CAN HELP CHANGE THE LIFE OF THE USA ********* PLEASE HELP********
SEE YOU SOON ON OPRAH !! I WILL SING A SONG TO MY SON ... HIS LAST SONG I SING TO HIM .
AND TO EVERYONE THAT HELPS !
THANK-YOU FROM ME & STEVEN

Car Loans Home said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about car loan austin
so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

Joe Berenguer said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you, Friend, how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
diet home
It covers diet home related contents.
All the best!