Monday, February 21, 2005

A Victim's Dad Sends Thanks

David Lorenz is one of my favorite people. I just wish I'd had a chance to meet his son, Steven. David tells Steven's story on my film True Stories of Ecstasy and Ketamine -- and he tells it so powerfully that I'm sure he's saved many lives.

Today, David sent me this email that really lifted my spirits:
My Dearest Beth ,

Just thought I'd tell you One thing ... all the gold in the world isn't anything compared to the love that we might save . The pain I and many others go through can be cauterized in time , But what you do for us is to STOP THE BLEEDING.

You give us a chance to SAVE others as if it were the ones we have lost. As we beg other kids to HEAR US, you are there holding or hands, catching our tears and spreading our words. We may not save them all , and one is just not good enough , BUT MANY WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO THINK IT OVER, MANY WILL LEARN THAT IT IS NOT WORTH IT!! And we have only you to thank for it !!!!!!

Yes we lost something very special, but found something along the way -- YOU!!!!!!!

No comments: